Thank you to our sponsors!







Energy Fit
Millcroft Plaza,
2080 Appleby Line
Burlington, ON






A World Class
Bicycle Company



























Please Donate!
$70,000.82 >
(as of September 8th, 2009)
What Is This All About ?
Glen's Blog From The Road
Media Material

Glen on the Road ...

This is an INTERACTIVE map ! Drag it with your mouse or zoom in with the controls.

View Route_Guide_Part01 in a larger map (if the window is blank, please reload (F5) the page)

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Nipigon to Just past Terrace Bay


Thank you very much to the Pine Crest Motel in Nipigon for providing us a great place to stay.


What goes down one side goes steeply up the other side.

It was a harder day than I expected, The hills and the little nagging head wind conspired to make me work hard for every kilometer. The scenery was terrific though.

13 comments (click to read)

Scott Lyon said...

Nice pictures ...... looks a little hilly alright
Have a good night
Scott

fred barlow said...

Hey Scotty,
I was driving annd I was in pain just watching...
Freddie

Anonymous said...

Glen:
Just got off the phone with you and had to immediately post a comment. Sorry you missed Paul. I could hear the loneliness in your voice - wish I could have reached out and given you a great big hug!
You are doing so amazingly well and I wish I could put into words how awesome I think you are for doing this. So, chin up, know that we're all sending you love and keep pedalling! Think of all that great country behind you! Go!
Love lots,
Amer, Paul and boys

JoJo said...

Hi Honey,
I know you have had a long day, just wanted to let you know that we will see you in a few days, we are looking forward to seeing you.We love you, so know that we are with you all the way.
We love you, and you are definitely missed, that is for sure.
lot of love
Zara, Sonia and Jo

Anonymous said...

Glen:
I sent out your blog at the beginning to pretty much everyone on my contact list. Just glancing at your "honour roll" and noticed Jan & Lisa King. Do you know them? Lisa is my cousin, married to Jan a pilot with the armed forces. They live in Belleville. Jan's Dad taught at Sault College when Paul and Craig were there. Small world if you know them...
Amer aobrien@sympatico.ca

Anonymous said...

Fred..

Run some good interference for Glen from the traffic just like you did in hockey...

Drive and Ride Safe guys..

Bob Mapson...now Glen are the hills that bad....you've been through BC, its been a month WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Sunshine,
I hope the sun is shinning as bright for you as it is for us. I hope you have tail winds all the way today. We will see you in 5 days.
Just think about the wonderful hugs and kisses you will get from you girls when they see you.
Lots of Love
Jo
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." Mahatma Gandhi

Glen Baxby said...

Bob;

The hills are not huge like BC, but they are like the ocean, they keep rolling in...one after the other, after the other.

Keeping the faith,

Glen

Rob Baxby said...

Great work Glen, your doing very well, we are thinking of you every day,
Rob,Diane, Tyler, Mackers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Glen,

If it makes you feel any better, Paul misses you too!!!

I can't wait to see a picture of you on the blog with your girls next week. The three of them are missing you so much and can't wait to see you.

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Glen, me again, Paul mentioned you were low on business cards so I've just printed off 50 more for you. Will send with the next driver.

Deb

Cazie said...

Hi Glen boy

Get ready for some noise I will be with you in a few days. May be I should bring a mic and speaker so I can talk to you as you bike I am sure you would like that. ha ha

Love you
Cazie

Kim said...

Keep it up, Glen, your family will be waiting with oepn arms soon!!

Kim