Thank you to our sponsors!







Energy Fit
Millcroft Plaza,
2080 Appleby Line
Burlington, ON






A World Class
Bicycle Company



























Please Donate!
$70,000.82 >
(as of September 8th, 2009)
What Is This All About ?
Glen's Blog From The Road
Media Material

Glen on the Road ...

This is an INTERACTIVE map ! Drag it with your mouse or zoom in with the controls.

View Route_Guide_Part01 in a larger map (if the window is blank, please reload (F5) the page)

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We arrived...





at the top of Signal Hill at 1730 hrs. Nfld time.

Full update tomorrow.

7014/7014

25 comments (click to read)

fred barlow said...

Hey Glenn, Congrats man. It was a pleasure and inspiration to drive for you. Hope to see you at the big party. PS: Hey Scotty!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Glen, we are very proud of you. Love from Ted, Diane, Amanda and Jennifer

Tyler, Mackenzie and Diane said...

What an accomplishment Glen. We are so very proud of you. Relax, enjoy the view and get some rest!!! It has been a pleasure watching your coast 2 coast journey. You are an inspriation to us all. xoxoxo

Mackers said...

Love you Uncle Glen. I am so proud to be your niece and can't wait to see you and the family again. Love mackers,
xoxoxoxoxo

Clark McDougall said...

A cold beer awaits you.....great job Glen. Looking forward to seeing you in the hood!

Clark & Lori

Anonymous said...

Was able to catch you on the NTV webcam riding up Signal Hill at 1728 and the interview on NTV TV news.....enjoy the party and again

CONGRATS ON A GREAT RIDE

Bob and Sue Mapson

Chetan said...

Congratulations Glen. It was truly an amazing and uphill task that you took up and completed successfully.

- Chetan & family

Anonymous said...

Glen,

Congratulations on finishing your ride! Words still can't describe how impressed I am. You Rock!!! You, Joanne and the girls should truly be proud of this great accomlishment. We are very, very happy for you all.

Paul, Anne-Marie, Justin and Adam

Jojo said...

Glen,
I cannot begin to tell you what those final moments were like to see yolu climbing up signal hill, you rode hard and as you can see Scott has fought hard, to very determined individuals. It has been an amazing journey for me and the girls to go through this with you.I am extremly proud of you and I was extremely proud of our daughter who stood on the side lines and told the reporter how strong and proud she was of her Dad. You have left an imprint in our lives that will be with us forever.
Thank you, for the opportunity of a lifetime journey with you.
I love you forever and, your legend will live on with us forever.

Yours forever
Jo, Zara and Sonia.

Unknown said...

Congrats Glen...

I am very very proud of you. You did it my friend! You are and have been through this entire time an inspiration for all of us.

So do you want to go on a bicycle ride on friday? LOL...

See you in Burlington.

Michel

Anonymous said...

and as Forest Gump did.....the next day he turned around and rode back to BC...oh yeah and the RV Rental Company wants their motorhome back by Friday....

bob mapson

Anonymous said...

You said it, dreamed it and did it. What an accomplishment! God Bless You and Good job Glen. Get some well deserved R&R.


Cheers

Mark, Debbie, Jordan and Katie

Rob said...

Round trip ticket $610
Hotel $220
food and stuff $200
Beer $100
Watching your brother ride up Signal hill after riding across Canada
PRICELESS
I am so proud of you Glen I will remember the hug and your words,What are you doing here"? Again you make me proud, and to think I almost put work and business before that moment...I can be so stupid. I will never forget July 14th,2009
Love you, and great to finally meet Scott's family
Can you help with a Newfie hangover???
Your brother Rob.
Thanks Diane for pushing me out the door..

Carol King said...

Dearest Glen

An amazing ending will never forget July 14th, 2009

Love Cazie, I will write more later, your the best, I'm boarding at the airport. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Brother,
You clean up pretty good.
and you did'nt even have to pay for a tan.
GQ called they want you to be the new spokes person for a line of hair removal products.
Cazie and Rob in the airport..nothing to do..

JoJo said...

Deborah,
This one is for you, you were amazing yesterday. Thank you so much for the support you provided on the last leg, it was a hoot. I cannot remember the last time I fell asleep laughing. You are an awesome friend. BTW, your Mum would be proud that you slept on the floor.

Jo

Kim said...

wow, sounds like an amazing final day...how the heck did you all last until 4 am? or was that people up for the flight home? I doubt it, with that much adrenaline going...
can't wait to see you back home,

WAY TO GO!!!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Glen

I can't believe that you did not dive into the Atlantic, I think you are a fraidy goose who does not like cold water. Na na na na na na na

Way to go, magnificent, stupendous, an accomplishment of both, mind and body. Let's plan on doing Everest next.

Great Job - Enjoy the flight home

Trevor

Anonymous said...

Way to go Glen. What an amazing aaccomplishment.
Enjoy the rest with family and friends.
Everyone is so proud of you.
You rock!!!
Mickey

Anonymous said...

You did it!!!! Again I can't tell you what a wonderful thing you have done for your dear Friend Scotty, and all who suffer from this terrible disease. You are truly an inspiration to us all. You will live in our hearts forever. Kate & Ron Stevens

Anonymous said...

Glen. I knew you could/would do it! Doug M

Anonymous said...

Glen,

Amazing...seems like you just left Burlington,lol. I'm sure for you they were many highs and lows but you withstood the test of time and endurance!! Enjoy your next days of rest and thankyou for supporting the fight against Cancer!! Polly

Recumbent Paul said...

Congratulations, Glen!

You did it. All the way across Canada. And all this for your friend Scott.

I don't think I will be able to ride my bike without thinking about you and Scott, about the two short legs I rode along side you on this amazing journey.

I will proudly wear the nice C2C2C T-shirt as often as I can.

Rest, now.

*********
Scott,

You have a truly dedicated friend in Glen.

I wish you luck,

Paul

Craig Miller said...

Glen

It was truly inspiring for Riley and I to witness the completion of your journey yesterday in St John's. 7300 km in 61 days... Wow... You did it with style and conviction GBax. It was incredible to watch you make your final climb up Signal Hill while all your family and friends cheered you on. I have to say you had an amazing "team" to help see you through.
Now... Rest up... and after you have done some catching up with JoJo and your girls I will see you on the Links.

Congratulations
Craig Miller

Connie (Warwick) Ray said...

Dear Glen, Scott, families, friends and supporters,

Congratualtions to all, job well done, there are not words to express how proud we are of you Glen and Scott, there are not words to express the love everyone feels for both of you and that wonderful team of support you both have including each other. A great person once said "there is no I in TEAM" and you all have proven just how true the adage of "one voice does make a difference" if we all try just that little harder, if we all give just one little bit more, it will make this world a much better place. I am priviledged to know you Glen and your family and glad to have met up with you again, Tony, you have every right to be so proud of that family of yours and im sure Jean is smiling down with pride at all of you.... I pray we all see the end to this disease in our lifetimes....God Bless you all....You are all my heroes....Rest well my friends...Godspeed....Connie (Warwick) Ray