Thank you to our sponsors!







Energy Fit
Millcroft Plaza,
2080 Appleby Line
Burlington, ON






A World Class
Bicycle Company



























Please Donate!
$70,000.82 >
(as of September 8th, 2009)
What Is This All About ?
Glen's Blog From The Road
Media Material

Glen on the Road ...

This is an INTERACTIVE map ! Drag it with your mouse or zoom in with the controls.

View Route_Guide_Part01 in a larger map (if the window is blank, please reload (F5) the page)

Friday, July 17, 2009

Thank you!!!!

Well, the 61 day pairing ended July 14th at the top of Signal hill at 1730 hrs. I'm home now, relaxing a little and getting back into the routine called life. I would like to let all those who have helped us along this journey know just how thankful I, and the coast2coast2cure team is for your support.

Whether your support came from a donation, sponsorship, or you helped with accommodations or any number of logistical tasks, a very heart felt Thank You! We could not have done it without you. At this time we have raised over $64,000. for Cancer research, and the web site will remain available for the next 4 to 6 weeks for donations and the occasional update.

I have been asked numerous times, what's next? Well, I will continue to fund raise for cancer research, but in just what capacity, I just don't know yet, but it will continue. As I sit and type this, the kids upstairs, still sleeping (8am, kids these days!). I think I'll go out to the garage and take the bike out of it's box, put it together and take it for a ride on the weekend. My neighbor said to me yesterday, I have now ruined casual bike riding for myself, and he's right, a short ride is now 80km long.

I would like to thank the Air Canada Pilot group, I have felt your support with every turn of the pedal. Air Canada and The Air Canada Pilots Association, have been my biggest corporate sponsors, this endeavor would never have gotten off the ground had it not been for your support.

There are a few people that I would like to publicly Thank: Bob Mapson, Mark Tobin, Paul Francoeur, Chris Cox, and Barry Gillingham. Thank you gentleman, you all know the big rolls you played over the last two months, I hope to sit down and raise a glass with you soon.


Glen
7014/7014

7 comments (click to read)

Scott Lyon said...

That was very emotional stuff watching you climb that final hill into St John's. On behalf of everyone fighting a truly awful disease , we thank you and are grateful for the difference you have made. The money will help to find a cure and cannot be understated. I am honored by your ride in my name and am blessed to have a friend like you.To you and your team God bless...........
Scott

Glen Baxby said...

Thanks Scotty;

It was my pleasure.

See you soon.

Bax

Recumbent Paul said...

Hello Glen,

It has almost been two weeks since you have completed your... was that a vacation? ;-)

It was an honor to ride with you and for Scott. I am touched that you have mentioned my name in your posting. Thank you. I will never forget what you have done, for Scott, for my wife and for all who have to deal, from near or far, with this terrible disease.

I will never for get you.

Enjoy the "casual" rides.

Hoping to ride with you one again, maybe with Joanne on my tandem.

Jojo said...

Hi Paul,
It was nice to meet with you, I hope your wife is feeling better and things are going as well as they can be. I look forward to riding with someday and Glen.

Thanks
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Nice blog I found Great Resources on Herbals Here!

Thanks

Herbal store

Personalized Cancer Therapy said...

You're doing an amazing job funding cancer research. All of the women in my family overcame breast cancer and I feel so grateful to people like you that made it all possible.

Angelina Keffi said...

There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus. Soreness/Injury  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Protoplasmic, Diarrhea. Hepatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Crubs, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  HeartBurn, Erysipelas, Thyroid, Relapsing polychondritis,  Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Smallpox, Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Depression,  Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dying in pain and full of heartbreak. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony of herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contacted him to try my luck, we talked and he sent me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cured totally. I don't really know how it happens but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.