Thank you to our sponsors!







Energy Fit
Millcroft Plaza,
2080 Appleby Line
Burlington, ON






A World Class
Bicycle Company



























Please Donate!
$70,000.82 >
(as of September 8th, 2009)
What Is This All About ?
Glen's Blog From The Road
Media Material

Glen on the Road ...

This is an INTERACTIVE map ! Drag it with your mouse or zoom in with the controls.

View Route_Guide_Part01 in a larger map (if the window is blank, please reload (F5) the page)

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Digby, NS. to Cambridge Station, NS.


What a beautiful ride!

Who's watching the road?



6 Days of Cycling until Torbay.

6345/7014

19 comments (click to read)

Scott Lyon said...

Well done you are almost in Halifax and are sure to have a good time and rest ,enjoy meeting our friends and family .....
Scotty

Rob baxby said...

Look at you!
Excellent!
Rob

Anonymous said...

Glen!
You must be so happy at what you see when you look in the mirror! No time for modesty this time - be proud!
Those smaller provinces are flying by now! Nfld. better be ready for you - line up the screech!
Keep pedallin'!
Love
Am, Paul, Justin and Adam

JoJo said...

Hi Honey,
You look great, glad to see you at the back of the RV. Can't wait to see you, we love you and we look forward to your victorious ride up Signal Hill.
You can do it all.

Love you
Jo

Anonymous said...

Glenn, Enjoy your lobster lunch, night at the Pogue and best of all, your day off afterwards! You so deserve it. ..Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hey Glen! Glad to see you smiling in the sunshine !! You are doin' awesome my friend! Hugs!ANDrea

Cherie Winters said...

Congratulations Glen on your epic journey to support our courageous nephew, Scott Lyon, and all others who are facing tremendous trials with cancer. Also, thank you to your family and support staff -- what a team!

We are all excited to meet you today at Scott Manor House, Bedford, NS. Some young (age 2 1/2 years and up) folks are looking forward to bicycling with Glen -- you are an inspiration.

Love to Scott, Sarah, Morgan and Brooklyn from Aunt Cherie, Uncle Gary, Cousins Tolson, John Ezra, Sandra, Eric and Hannah.

Anonymous said...

G.Bax: What you have accomplished, and will complete in a few 'short' days, will be something that your wonderful wife and daughters will share for generations. You have united friends and strangers across this vast country and re-affirmed the belief that one person can make "change happen". It is so great to see that big "Glen" smile still present upon your face.
Most respectfully,
Tobes

AndyMo said...

Glen !

Take deep lungfuls of that salty-air, you've gone from sea to sea !

The donations are noticably increasing daily. Every push on your pedals is raising more money than the last !

Wishing you flat roads and tail winds ... Andy

Clark McDougall said...

Keep the dream alive!

Can't wait to sit back with you and have a few and listen to your stories of the road.

Hmmmmmmmmmm ... stories of the road .... sounds like the title of a good article\memoir\book ...

Finish strong pal ...

Clark

JoJo said...

Hi Honey,
I am writing this today as it will be my last entry before I see you, I do so with tears of happiness and joy and pride. You have touched so many ,including myself. I am truly humbled by this whole experience.As I lay awake this morning, looking at our beautiful girls, I said thank you lord,for giving me the best husband in the world, and two beautiful children, that are truly amazing. I am very grateful for all that I have. Let us live life to the fullest.
We have so much to offer the world and we can do anything and everything together, through this experience, we have met some tremendous people, whose friendships I will cherish forever.

I love you more and more each day.

Yours forever

Jo

"The price of greatness is responsibility." Winston Churchill

I love you

JoJo said...

Dear Scott, Sarah,Morgan and Brooklyn,
Thank you so much for supporting us and Glen along the way. Scott, you are a true inspiration to Glen and your strength and determination are to be admired, Keep fighting, you are getting stronger every day. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Sarah, you have been a pillar of strength for Scott and your support and love for each are something to be admired. You support and that of your families has been overwhelming and for this I thank you. This experience has been the best I have had,it has through our kids that through determination and strong will we can overcome any challenge.

Thank you for allowing us in and for being a part of the experience.
looking forward to seeing you.

Love
Jo

JoJo said...

Thank you
Andrea and Andy Morrison,Lori McDougall, Kim Dunski, Deborah Shea and Paul Dinino,Michel Perault, Jeff Jenkins, Jennifer Ferguson, Faith Featherstone and Tanya Missios.
I want to thank you for all of your support, hard work, dedication and friendship. You all made a commitment to us in January and we succeeded because of you all. Glen did the ride, but there was a lot that went on behind the scenes. Your professionalism has made us not only a success in the ride, but also in the reputation that we have left behind. You have supported me while Glen has been away,and for this I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
Thank you Mum, Dad and Carrol for being there to support Glen and I always, your love and support are endless.
We have been a part of the Change....

Love
Jo

Paul Dinino said...

Glen

keep on peddling.. your almost there buddy. Looking forward to seeing back in the hood next week

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Yo Buddy
Its amazing what you see now when you look behind you, what a trail you have left behind. That saddle must feel like an extension of your body. Your almost there my man and I am keeping the beers cold in Atlanta for a well earned celebration.

Stay safe and well, I hear the b=lobsters are pretty good in St Johns,

Trevor, Doris Michale and Danielle

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness Glenn, I have only known you but for a short while, and I have to tell you what an inspiration you are to the world. I am so proud to say that you were a part of our lives. There are no words to express what you have accomplished. Amazing, truly amazing. Good Job!! God Speed. So Long for now. One Soul only needs one true friend, and you have outdone yourself. Kate & Ron Stevens

Anonymous said...

Hi Glen,

What an inspiration you are. This has truly been an example of endurance and dedication. You're almost there, Glen. One day at a time. Do you want to go Black Friday shopping with us girls?? You have proved you can do it. God bless.

Lucy & Ed

Cazie said...

Dearest Glen

I hope you are having a great time in Halifax and with your 3 girls(sorry 4 Deborah included for the next few days)What a journey no words can explain how I feel about and how proud I am of you. You have showen people that one person can make a difference. Can you believe next week by this you will be done? Now you have to get started on the book LOL. Joe thank you for the lovely words I will show mum and dad when I go home tomorrow I sitting in my room crying it was a pleasure helping out and remember we are family I will always be there for you, Glen and the Girls so will our parents. See you soon and Scot I am looking forward to meeting you and your family May God's blessing be upon you and your family always.

Glen take care May God's blessing be with you always. I Love you and I am so proud of you Glen when you get into town I will treat you to a nice hot stone massage at Princess Nails ok.

Kim said...

Glen, I know this has been a very tough journey for you & your family, but you're almost done...what an inspiration you all are!!

The comments above me say it all...

Kim