Thank you to our sponsors!







Energy Fit
Millcroft Plaza,
2080 Appleby Line
Burlington, ON






A World Class
Bicycle Company



























Please Donate!
$70,000.82 >
(as of September 8th, 2009)
What Is This All About ?
Glen's Blog From The Road
Media Material

Glen on the Road ...

This is an INTERACTIVE map ! Drag it with your mouse or zoom in with the controls.

View Route_Guide_Part01 in a larger map (if the window is blank, please reload (F5) the page)

Monday, July 6, 2009

Fredericton, NB. to Digby, NS.


Thank you to the Crown Plaza in Fredricton, we had a wonderful stay.

Riding under the approach lights in Fredricton.

On schedule........

We're on the ferry from Saint John to Digby.


Our 8th Province, and the sun is shining.

6225/7014

I'm sitting by the Atlantic Ocean....coast2coast!

Glen

16 comments (click to read)

Anonymous said...

WOW, less than 800 km??? Crazy. You must be just itching to finish this. I can just imagine the finish line Glen. Looking forward to being there. Couldn't be prouder of you. You're amazing.

Deb

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you each day Glen.
I still cannot believe the lenght of your drive down the 3rd fairway!

Safe travel and congradulations.

I wave each day I have the opportunity to tee off behind Scotty's.

JoJo said...

Hi Honey,
Wow, you look awesome in the pictures, a really happy smile I am so glad to see the sun around you. A wonderful way to be greeted by a new province.

Keep it up, only 800 km to go, we are so looking forward to seeing you and having you home, You have been missed.

Love you always
Jo

Glen Baxby said...

I'm looking forward to coming home.

I love you Jojo

Anonymous said...

hey glen,
my daughter and I passed you on the way to saint john 9:30am I WAS DRIVING A RED 24FT FREIGHTLINER Igot home tonight and c2c2c was still stuck in my head. checked it out and I THINK YOU AND YOUR BUDDY ARE 2 AMAZING GUYS. HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY.

CK said...

Hi Glen boy can you believe next week by this you will have one day to go amazing and I know you will be fine your three girls will be with you soon. Tell Evan I said hi and is he getting a chance to go out at night.

Glen I just wanted to tell you that Reese washed his parents car last weekend so he could get money for you. He sent you 20 dollars for a 7 year old that was great. I had a few tears.

Take care
Cazie

JoJo said...

Hi Honey,
One more day, you have an exciting few days ahead of you, I love what the Truck driver stated, it is awesome. Keep it up. You are at $46,000.00 you are an amazing individual and you should be very proud.
You have endured every minute and have not complained, I want everyone to know that, because, I know that it has been hard on you.

I am very proud of you and even more proud to be your wife.

Love you

Jojo

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved." Helen Keller

Glen Baxby said...

"I WAS DRIVING A RED 24FT FREIGHTLINER "

Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it.

Glen

Kim said...

I'm sure that the gentleman that posted about seeing you on the road is one of many you have touched along your way...others just shared their story of seeing you with friends & family, just knowing that you felt their support. I'm sure he speaks for many people across Candada when he says you guys are amazing...

take care,

Kim

Scott Lyon said...

Wow a truckers comments........ That was one of the nicest comments so far ....... that great Maritime spirit...... And a great big thanks to Reese for washing his parents car to raise money ..... Truly inspirational...
Thanks
Scott

Scott Lyon said...

Glen ........ Enjoy your time in Halifax ...... Have a Keith's for me
Scott

Kevin Doran said...

Hey Glen,
Glad your in NS... You should have clear skies and the wind at your back the whole time. I was hoping to ride with you on Friday and Saturday. The trip from Halifax to Truro is flat and fast. Truro to Antigonish not so fast... several good climbs... nothing for you I'm sure. We can talk Wed. at the Pogue... and maybe tip several pints of AK.

Kevin Doran

Recumbent Paul said...

Hello Glen,

Your smile on that photo as you arrived in NS is unbeatable. Keep up the good spirit.

I had planned on riding with you into YHZ (rented the bike and arranged for hotel) but had to cancel it all as Carole was not doing too great. Nothing serious, just a deep down following last week's surgery.

Unfortunately, you'll have to imagine me riding down Hy !, half way between Halifax towards Kentville to meet you and to ride back into town along side, better still, ahead of you to cut out the wind.

I am really saddened not to be able to be there, with you, helping you out, encouraging you on such a small part of your accomplishment. But I will have you and your team in my thoughts.

Sorry, but good luck and wether or not you make it all the way, I am sure very few have ever done such a ride.

Your Jojo can be proud of you!

Ride safe,

Paul

Scott Lyon said...

hey Kev .... so nice to know you will be riding with Glen ....... we are happy you Karen and the kids will meet Glen
Scott

Anonymous said...

Glen


Been keeping an eye on you.Keep on trucking you are almost there. Good work, some one above is looking out for you. God Bless

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!