Thank you to our sponsors!







Energy Fit
Millcroft Plaza,
2080 Appleby Line
Burlington, ON






A World Class
Bicycle Company



























Please Donate!
$70,000.82 >
(as of September 8th, 2009)
What Is This All About ?
Glen's Blog From The Road
Media Material

Glen on the Road ...

This is an INTERACTIVE map ! Drag it with your mouse or zoom in with the controls.

View Route_Guide_Part01 in a larger map (if the window is blank, please reload (F5) the page)

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Vibank to Kenosee Sk


Thank you Tracy and Ron at Spurz in Odessa SK for your wonder hospitality.
At 6:20 this morning the air was fresh, the winds were challenging, and it was an hour into my ride before we saw another vehicle.


“The pain in ones backside is inversely proportional to the head wind component one is currently experiencing” Glen Baxby

21 comments (click to read)

JoJo said...

Boy do you look happy to have arrived in this picture. Good Going Honey.
Love
Jo

Chris Donohue said...

Hey Glen,

Glad you made it on your next leg. Was the wind worse or better than it was for us yesterday.
I had fun and thanks for allowing me to come along.

All the best.
Chris Donohue

JoJo said...

Good Morning Honey,
I hope you have a great day today. You are going to be in a new province today that is 3 behind you already. Wow! you should be very proud. I am extremely proud of you.
Keep on going. You are looking awesome.

Love you
Jojo
The greater the difficulty the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests." Epictetus

Rob said...

"Mind how you go"
-Jean Baxby

AndyMo said...

Hey Glen and Gerry - Winds have been strong here too - dig down deep buddy. Btw, I picked up a puzzle of Canada on the weekend. The kids and I will start on it this week and follow you on your journey.

Jo - where do you get those awesome quotes? Here is one of my fave ....

"Be part of the change you want to see in the world." Ghandi

Scott Lyon said...

Don't worry about that pain in your backside ......
when you get to my place I can give you some great pain killers....... just kidding of course ..... It's got to be hard going ,just hang in there Glen and know I'm thinkin of you every day
Scott

Paul or Chris said...

Holy Crap! Saskatchewan! Goodness man, you're doing it. I hope to ride with you on the 25th. (I picked a shortie but I am off as well.)
Great work, Glen.
Paul

Glen Baxby said...

Thanks Paul;

I've now been in Manitoba for an hour!!!

Bax

David MacLeod said...

Hey Bax

Looking good. Keep up the good work. Thought I saw ya down there while I was on the way to YYC...
Take care pal

Cheers
Dave

Cazie said...

Hi Glenboy

Looking good my dear please take do you want me to bake anything and bring it down when I am driving
banana cake,pumpkin bread, muffins,scones what ever you want let me know .

Take care
Cazie

Sherwin said...

Hi Glen it is Sherwin Durand here, Rob called me today & filled me in on all this - Very Impressive Glen.
I added you to the council agenda tonight & Atikokan is allowing you to stay at our Campground for free while your in Atikokan. The Mayor will come & visit you , the press will also and ofcoarse me. Do you have any idea about what time you are expected to be arriving in Atikokan ?

Andrea Morrison said...

HI Sherwin, I am helping to coordinate Glen's accomodation and media interviews. If you could please send an email to coast2coast2cure.com we can discuss details. Thanks for your offer to help out! Andrea Morrison

Glen Baxby said...

Sherwin;

I'll have to get back to you on that one, please email me 3 or 4 days prior to our proposed arrival date of
June 9th.

I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Glen
gbaxby@sympatico.ca

Sherwin said...

Thanx for the reply Andrea & Glen .... Andrea I went to email you but the address you posted does not work & I couldn't find one to you on the site. I sent the email to Glen ....... Andrea can you please read it & contact me at your convince.

Thank You & all the Best !!
Sherwin

Ivan and Delora Stevenson said...

Great to meet you Glen. So glad we decided to bring our bikes out and join in. It feels good to be a part (albeit very small) of something so noble. We wish you smooth going the rest of the way. Good on you for taking on this challenge for a great cause. I sent out an email to everyone in our address book telling them of your adventure and website - encouraging them all to donate.

We will continue to watch your journey via the web and keep you & your friend, Scott, in our thoughts.

Best wishes,
Ivan & Delora Stevenson
Vibank, SK

Debbie Aden said...

Debbie/Etsyl n Earl- B'lore- India.

Hi Glen,

wish u all the best, may Our Lord guide n rprotect u,looking good, keep up the Good work,we keep watching all the updates, I'm sure your friend must be very happy,and your family very proud of you, take care.

Rob Baxby said...

Hey Thanks Sherwin!!!

Andrea Morrison said...

Emails can be sent to coast2coast2cure@yahoo.ca

Tracey said...

Oopps.... You said SpurZ was in Vibank, it's in Odessa. Hope you have a great ride.

Tracey

Glen Baxby said...

Ivan and Delora Stevenson: I was my pleasure to have you along for the ride, Thanks so much!!!


Debbie Etsyl:
Hope all is well with you both..
Beep...Beep.....Beep, I miss all the horns honking!!!

Tracy:
I'm so sorry I got things mixed up.... Thanks again for everything, you and Ron are the best...I'll change things right away.


Glen

Anonymous said...

http://friends.rambler.ru/urtrimremin@rambler.ru http://friends.rambler.ru/canlideter@rambler.ru
teen strip clubs busty ebony teen